Wednesday 13 April 2016

Cristiano Ronaldo Sets Two New Records


Who said Cristiano Ronaldo was past his best?

The Portugal international rode to Real Madrid's rescue once again as his hat-trick secured a 3-2 victory over Wolfsburg to fire the Spanish club into the Champions League semi-finals.
Zinedine Zidane's men trailed following a shock 2-0 defeat in Germany but Ronaldo struck three times to pull Madrid through.

And in the process, the 31-year-old set two new Champions League records.

His hat-trick was his third in the competition this season - no other player can match that - nor can anyone else say they have scored 15 or more goals in the Champions League in two different campaigns.


His 37 hat-tricks have come at a rate of better than one in every 10 games.
'People can criticise me but I just keep on going and the numbers are there for all to see,' he said after the Wolfsburg victory. 
'I am very happy and with a month left of the season I can get even better.
'It was not the best, but one of my best, European nights. It’s not bad is it? Goals are in my DNA and I want to keep scoring them for the team.'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment